Friday 19 November 2010

Planning- key themes of my magazine

Genre-
I have chosen to create a music magazine that focuses on the genre of Rock/Punk. I have chosen this genre because rock magazines all follow very similar conventions. I will be able to manipulate these and create my own music magazine. I have also looked at Kerrang! in detail and i understand what this genre involves

Target audience-
My primary target audience will be young males and teenagers between the ages of 14-20. The audience will be mainly British and will be middle class. My audience will be people who live a mainstream lifestyle. It will be a niche market of rock and punk fans.
This is a group that i understand and i will be able to produce a magazine that this age group would enjoy. This age group are also more likely to be fans of the genre Rock/Punk.
My secondary audience will be females of a similar age. They will also be middle class and fans of rock.I will have to include features/articles that will appeal to this audience as well.

It will be a weekly magazine and will be out in the shops every Tuesday. I have chosen this so readers can keep up to date all week and because tuesday is the middle of the week. The price of my magazine will be £2 as this is a common price and is not too expensive

Name of magazine-
I have come up with several ideas for a name that will appeal to my audience-
  • Vertigo
  • Discord
  • Snare
  • The Limit
  • Paralysis
  • Rebellion
These names are all short and would jump out at the reader. I think they are all interesting and would appeal to the target audience. They are all appropriate for the genre.
Vertigo will be the name of my magazine

Aim of magazine -
Vertigo is a music magazine that aims to provide fans of rock and punk with a magazine they can get involved in and stay up to date and in contact with their favourite bands and artists. Vertigo is a magazine fuelled by passion and enthusiasm for great music

No comments:

Post a Comment